[Forest_Biomass] Audio from State Forester Q&A

WEEKS Kevin kevin.weeks at state.or.us
Tue Jan 25 14:06:41 PST 2011

Greetings -

The three finalists for the position of Oregon State Forester are meeting with the public this afternoon for question & answer forums at the Oregon Department of Forestry's (ODF) Salem campus. We are making recordings of the session available online for those who are interested, and also providing an opportunity for you to provide feedback to the Board of Forestry through an electronic survey.

We have now posted audio from the first portion of the forum, with finalist Paul Bell, on the ODF web site, at http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/stateforesterrecruitment.shtml

We expect to post audio of the second portion, with finalist Doug Decker, shortly after 3:00pm, and the third, with Jim Paul, at about 4:00pm.

If you're interested in providing feedback to the Board after listening to the recordings, you'll find a link to the survey in the same place on our web site. The survey will be available until 9 p.m. Tuesday.

Also posted for your reference are profiles of each finalist, as well as recent ODF news releases about the recruitment process.

The Board has set aside time during its executive session Wednesday morning to review the public feedback received through the survey. The Board is scheduled to begin an open session at 2 p.m. Wednesday to make its final selection.

Thanks for your interest and participation in this process.

Dan Postrel
Agency Affairs Director
Oregon Department of Forestry
2600 State Street