[gis_info] 2008 NW GIS User Conference

SMITH Cy * EISPD GEO Cy.Smith at state.or.us
Mon Aug 18 07:48:29 PDT 2008

The 2008 Northwest GIS User Conference is just two months away --
October 20-24, 2008

Whether you went to the ESRI User Conference in San Diego or not, the
Northwest GIS User Conference is an inexpensive, local opportunity to
receive affordable GIS training, learn about the latest trends in GIS
technology, share or display your work with your regional counterparts
and learn what others in the Pacific Northwest GIS community are doing.

The theme of this year's Northwest GIS User Conference is "Serving The
World". The theme focuses on using server and Internet technology to
delivery GIS solutions to the world. Our two keynote speakers will
address the importance of delivering GIS services to the public and
customers and the technology that makes it possible. ESRI will present
upcoming trends and products and provide several focused technical
sessions on GIS software. There will also be a vendor show, where you
can see the latest offering from GIS vendors serving the Northwest. The
cornerstone of the Northwest GIS User Conference is an entire day of
user presentations and the poster show. This is where you have the
opportunity to share your work and to learn from you colleagues from
around the Pacific Northwest.

All this occurs in a relaxed, informal environment in a beautiful, yet
inexpensive, setting in Sun Valley, Idaho.

One of the long-time characteristics of the Northwest GIS User
Conference is that it provides you an opportunity to pitch in. Do you
have a GIS project or solution that you would like to share as a
presentation or poster? How about a focused breakout session that you
would like to organize? Do you have a local GIS group for which you
would like to have a side meeting? These and more are all possible. The
Northwest GIS User Conference depends on your participation. Contact me
at bbutterfield at idfg.idaho.gov for information on how to get involved.

Early registration continues for another month. Starting September, 21
the conference fees increase, so be sure to register now. Full
conference information, including program, registration, lodging,
presentation and poster submittals, training opportunities and local
offerings can be found by going to www.nwesriusers.org and clicking on
the link to the 2008 conference.

I hope to see you in Sun Valley in October.

Bart Butterfield

2008 Northwest GIS User Conference Chair

(208)287-2722

bbutterfield at idfg.idaho.gov