[gis_info] Implementing Web GIS Solutions using Open Source Software - Free Online Live Seminar - Tuesday, October 14th at 10am PST

karsten vennemann karsten at terragis.net
Wed Oct 8 11:02:47 PDT 2008

This one hour session is geared towards GIS professionals that are interested in exploring the potential of FOSS4G (Free and Open Source Open Source Geospatial Software) for building interoperable web mapping solutions.

The seminar is scheduled for Tuesday, October 14th at 10am-11:15am PST (GMT -8) and is presented by Karsten Vennemann (online and via conference call). It will include
* Why and What - What is Open Source (GIS)? - Why use it ?
* Overview of Web GIS - Components of a Web GIS - What is out there ?
* Some Foundations - Tools & Libraries (like OGR, GDAL, PROJ4, GeoTools)
* Web GIS Engines (Mapserver, Geoserver)
* Frameworks (Mapbender, MapFish, Open Layers, Ka-Map)
* Extending GIS Capabilities - Spatial Data Storage Solutions - Additional Tools
* Resources

You can register by responding to me directly. Please include your

* Name and Organization
* email address
* Years of experience with GIS
* Whether you have any Open Source GIS experience (which software)
* what interests you most in OpenSource (I will try to gear the session towards your interests)

Space is limited to 30 participants (first come first serve basis). To secure your "seat" respond (to me directly) a soon as practical :) . You will then receive a website URL and login key along with conference call details.

Best Regards

Karsten Vennemann
Principal

Terra GIS LTD