[gis_info] FW: Register for URISA's 47th Annual Conference for GIS Professionals Today

SMITH Cy * EISPD GEO cy.smith at state.or.us
Thu Sep 17 16:43:54 PDT 2009

I wanted to extend a special invitation to the GIS Community in Oregon
to attend the URISA Conference in Anaheim starting week after next.  If
you haven't made plans to attend, it's not too late.  I've been working
with the Conference Committee to make this conference more interactive
than ever before.  The point of doing that is to provide greater value
to attendees.  I get a lot of value for the State of Oregon by attending
this conference, but solving problems together as we'll do in Anaheim is
a very valuable use of everyone's time.  I encourage you to make the
case to attend to your boss.  I can guarantee you will bring back ideas
and concepts that you can put to work immediately to solve problems that
have been plaguing your organization for years.  This conference has
been transformed in to a collaborative problem-solving venue better than
any other you'll find.  Hope to see you there.

Cy Smith
Oregon Statewide GIS Coordinator

 URISA 2009 - Providing Solutions to Challenges
September 29-October 2, 2009
Anaheim, California

URISA's 47th Annual Conference & Exposition
<http://www.urisa.org/about/anaheim> -The Premier Conference for GIS
Professionals-is heading to Anaheim, California this September
29-October 2. The Conference Committee has focused the event on
"Providing Solutions to Challenges" to answer the demands brought about
by today's economy and the continuous pressure to do more with less.
Choose URISA in Anaheim to learn from and connect with the leaders in
the GIS Community!

Tuesday, September 29 - HIGHLIGHTS

Eight preconference workshops (included with your conference
registration) covering these important topics:

*                  GIS Strategic Planning

*                  Crime Mapping & Analysis

*                  Field Automation and Mobile GIS

*                  Introduction to Agile: Project Management &
Development

*                  An Overview of Open Source  GIS Software

*                  LIDAR Concepts, Principals and Applications

*                  3D Geospatial

*                  Cartography & Map Design

Tuesday evening: ESRI User Group Meeting

Wednesday, September 30 - HIGHLIGHTS

*	Opening Keynote Address: "Core Information Challenges and
Opportunities, 2010-2020: Building on Strengths"  - Dr. Barry Wellar,
MCIP, GISP
*	Interactive Issues Discussion: to identify the problems/barriers
facing GIS Professionals which keep us from meeting individual and
collective goals.
*	Peer Presentations within these Program Tracks:

*         GIS for Best-Managed Communities

*         GIS for Growing Communities

*         GIS for Safe Communities

*         GIS for Educated Communities

*         GIS for Healthy Communities

*         Professional Development & GIS Leadership

*	Interactive Solutions Luncheon
*	Exhibit Hall Networking Reception

Thursday, October 1 - HIGHLIGHTS

*	Awards Breakfast recognizing GIS Hall of Fame inductees, URISA
service, Exemplary Systems in Government and student paper award winners

*	More Peer Presentations within these Program Tracks:

*         GIS for Best-Managed Communities

*         GIS for Growing Communities

*         GIS for Safe Communities

*         GIS for Educated Communities

*         GIS for Healthy Communities

*         Professional Development & GIS Leadership

*	URISA Quick Hits Sessions - 7 minutes maximum - targeted &
concise!
*	URISA Social Event

Friday, October 2 - HIGHLIGHTS

*	'Back to the Issues' Interactive Discussion - this time, to
identify the solutions that will break down the barriers to meeting our
goals and share lessons learned at URISA 2009!
*	Closing Plenary Session - Michael Byrne, GISP, GIO for the State
of California
*	URISA Annual Business Meeting

And More...

*	URISA Exposition: filled with companies dedicated to providing
solutions and supporting education for GIS Professionals
*	Networking opportunities to help you strengthen your GIS
Professional Network
*	Opportunities to get involved with URISA Committees and Programs
to contribute to your profession and shape the future!

YOU ARE INVITED

2009 is certainly not a time for 'business as usual' and URISA invites
your attendance in Anaheim to work through the challenges with your
fellow GIS Professionals. For details and registration information,
click here <http://www.urisa.org/about/anaheim> . Remember to act
quickly as early registration and team discounts expire soon!

Conference Site

The entire conference will take place at the beautiful,
recently-renovated Anaheim Marriott. The hotel has offered URISA
Conference attendees a discounted rate of $149 single/double with
in-room internet access included!

Hope to see you in Anaheim at URISA 2009!
<http://www.urisa.org/about/anaheim>

URISA - Urban and Regional Information Systems Association
(847) 824-6300

Please forward this announcement to your colleagues who should attend
URISA 2009!

If you no longer wish to receive occasional emails from URISA, please
won't!