[gis_info] 12th GIS Standards Forum - Draft Agenda and Logistics

HILL Milton E * EISPD GEO milton.e.hill at state.or.us
Fri Mar 5 13:54:33 PST 2010

Announcing the 12th GIS Standards Forum

Wednesday, March 31st 2010

9:30 am - 2:30 pm

Hollinshead Barn

1237 NE Jones Rd

Bend, OR 97701

Preliminary Agenda:

 - Welcome and Introductions

 - Standards Presentations

- Lidar (revision to draft)

- Wetlands (approval)

            - Imagery Index Standard (review of draft)

 - Lunch (provided)

 - Lunch Meeting:

            - Transportation Framework Meeting

 - Case Studies in the Implementation of Standards

- Wetlands Data & Standard

 - New Framework Data Presentations

- The Oregon Geologic Data Compilation (OGDC)

 - Coordinate Reference Systems

- Coordinate Reference Systems, a primer

- The Oregon Coordinate Reference System Standard (Oregon Lambert),
History and Use

- The Low Distortion Projection (LDP) Project

- What About Web Mercator?

- Conclusion and Observations

Logistics:

Transportation:

We'll coordinate vanpool transportation from both Portland and Salem. If
you are interested send me an email stating such. If you are requesting
a ride others please include their email address. I need an email
address for everyone wanting to participate in the vanpool.

Lunch:

Lunch will be provided. Please RVSP via email and let me know.
(Vegetarian option available by request).

The deadline for Transportation and Lunch requests is end of day Monday,
March 22nd.

Milt Hill, GISP
Framework Coordinator
DAS/Geospatial Enterprise Office