[gis_info] FW: GISCI Newsletter

SMITH Cy * EISPD GEO cy.smith at state.or.us
Sun Aug 14 18:24:31 PDT 2011

I'm forwarding this slightly old newsletter from the GIS Certification
Institute (there have been two more issues since this one) because I
just realized that there's an article called A State of Compromise that
references our work in 2002-2005 on the GIS/Surveying issues, and uses
that work as an example for other states.  I was asked to speak to a GIS
and Surveying group in West Virginia in 2007 about what we did here, and
they have subsequently followed our example.  I've said it many times,
and it bears repeating here...Oregon is a great place.

cy