[gis_info] FW: LightSquared comments from OGIC

SMITH Cy * EISPD GEO cy.smith at state.or.us
Fri Jul 29 12:57:39 PDT 2011

Oregon Geospatial Community:

I posted the attached letter on behalf of OGIC to the FCC website today
related to the LightSquared issue, as per direction from OGIC.  I know
many of you have been following this issue.  The FCC deadline for filing
comments on this issue is tomorrow.  I worked with the Coalition of
Geospatial Organizations, a group representing over 35,000 geospatial
professionals with which I serve as Secretary, to file a similar letter
today, as well.  The COGO letter is at
http://cogo.pro/uploads/COGO_Comment_FCC_WorkingGroupStudy_LS2_072711.pd
f and is posted on the COGO website under News at http://cogo.pro.

Cy

Cy Smith, Oregon State GIO

DAS/EISPD Geospatial Enterprise Office

President, Urban/Regional Info Sys Assoc. (URISA)

Secretary, Coalition of Geospatial Organizations (COGO)

Past President, Natl. States Geographic Info. Council (NSGIC)

503-378-6066          http://gis.oregon.gov