[gis_info] URGENT: Tsunami Info and other helpful sites...

SMITH Cy * EISPD GEO cy.smith at state.or.us
Fri Mar 11 11:30:40 PST 2011

Just received the links below from our Esri rep in Olympia, thought I
should pass along.

In the advent of an emergency, Oregon can request current satellite
imagery via the International Charter agreement. There have been several
people trained, but the primary person is Sheri Schneider with USGS in
Portland. Sheri is an OGIC member.  We just sent her an email alerting
her that we might request imagery if there is any significant damage as
a result of the tsunami that struck the Oregon coast.  So far, we
haven't heard of significant damage, but please let us know if you hear
of anything.

Cy

Cy Smith, Statewide GIS Coordinator

DAS/EISPD Geospatial Enterprise Office

President, Urban/Regional Info Sys Assoc. (URISA)

Secretary, Coalition of Geospatial Organizations (COGO)

Past President, Natl. States Geographic Info. Council (NSGIC)

503-378-6066          http://gis.oregon.gov