[gis_info] Lane CC GIS Lab - seeking advice

Lynn Songer songerl at lanecc.edu
Wed Oct 5 08:29:23 PDT 2011

Good Morning
I am seeking information that can help debug a major issuein the Lane CC
GIS Lab. We are having serious difficulty running ArcMap (Info).The
program take about 8 to 10 minutes to load and often freezes when it
loads.Sometime it take 2 to 3 minutes to move a text box in layout view,
and it will oftenspontaneously close. These are just a few of the
problems we are having.
We are running 10 with service patch 2 on Windows 7.
We also have ENVI 7, Adobe CS5, Office 7, DNR Garmin,Multispec
installed.
The lab computers are imaged and *frozen* with Deep Freeze.
Our networks is administered with  Novell.
The computers are two-year old Dell OptiPlex. We have two ofthese
computers off campus and without Deep Freeze and Novell running ArcMap
10. They are not having issues.
I have talked with ESRI support and they are not able tooffer any
solutions.
Any help or ideas would be very appreciated.
Respectfully,

Lynn Songer, Ph.D.
GIS & Geography Instructor
GEOSTAC Project, PI