[gis_info] Planning WG of the Admin Bnd FIT - August 29 meeting at Metro

Ewart, Gail gail.ewart at state.or.us
Thu Aug 23 08:56:34 PDT 2012

Greetings,

For those of you who may be interested, the Planning Workgroup of the Administrative Boundaries FIT is meeting in Portland for an in-depth look at Metro's approach to regionalizing zoning. The meeting begins at 10am and ends around noontime. See below for more information.

Next week, on August 29, Metro is hosting our second meeting at:

Metro Regional Center
600 NE Grand Ave, Room 370A & B
Portland, OR 97232

Convening at 10am, Zac and Dennis will spend about 45 minutes reviewing and sharing more about:
The approach Metro has taken to regionalize zoning across jurisdictions
The reasoning and criteria behind the aggregation AND how it was developed initially, the positions/roles of the people involved, how it is documented, how it evolves
The GIS methods/operations/routines, stewardship, etc., used
The needs it serves, benefits derived, and actual examples of use (policy and ops)

After a brief break, we can spend the rest of our meeting discussing:
How Metro's approach could translate to a statewide dataset
How Metro's approach could translate to a data standard-with emphasis on data model's zoning codes
Other possible approaches
Pilot ideas
Making progress on county/rural zoning while we continue R&D on urban zoning

We will wrap up by identifying action items, next steps, and deciding the where and when of the next meeting.
For those who won't be there in person, I will send out virtual meeting details as soon as I have them.

The Planning Workgroup focuses on UGBs, zoning, and comp plan Framework elements.

Regards,

Gail M. Ewart, GISP | Information Management Project Coordinator
Director's Office
Oregon Dept of Land Conservation and Development
635 Capitol Street NE, Suite 150 | Salem, OR 97301-2540
Office: 503-373-0050 x266 | Fax: 503-378-6033
gail.ewart at state.or.us<mailto:gail.ewart at state.or.us> | www.oregon.gov/LCD<http://www.oregon.gov/LCD>