[gis_info] Inappropriate email

Stark, Dan stark at ci.wilsonville.or.us
Wed May 16 08:29:43 PDT 2012

If this email contained statement along the lines of "Hey Oregon list users, you might be interested in the conference described in the following link because of XYZ" with an accompanying hyperlink, I might allow some leeway.  As sent, it is by all appearances an unsolicited advertisement for a conference with no Oregon, Washington, NW or other local content taking place in Washington DC.

I don't think advertisements for local (or not) events (training, conferences, meet-ups, pub-crawls, etc) should be banned but I think there should be some "value-added" content which makes it clear why it's being posted to this targeted list.

Best,
Dan