[gis_info] Invitation to attend UW GIS Certificate Program's team project final presentations

Arnone, Harvey Harvey.Arnone at seattle.gov
Wed May 16 15:50:29 PDT 2012

You are cordially invited to attend the 2012 Student Project Final Presentations for the University of Washington Professional and Continuing Education's GIS Certificate Program.  Many of these team projects, conducted each year as a key part of our program, are sponsored by businesses and organizations from around the region. This gives our students the opportunity to work on real projects addressing the real needs of these organizations.  This year we have a slate of projects that are very interesting and that cover a wide range of topics.

As with prior years, these final presentations are open to the public and will be held on the University of Washington campus.  This year the program will be holding the presentations on Wednesday, May 30 and Monday, June 4 from 6:00PM to 900PM in room A118 of the Physics and Astronomy Building<http://www.css.washington.edu/building/PAA>.  For parking information please click here<https://www.washington.edu/facilities/transportation/commuterservices/parking>

This year's program consists of the following presentations:

Wednesday, May 30:

1.  SeaTac Urban Forestry - Tree inventory and analysis.

2.  Esri Community Mapping - Creation of Community Map for the City of Des Moines WA using ArcGIS Online.

3.  Seattle Emergency Operations Center - Assessment tool for placement of Centralized Points of Distribution (CPODs).

4.  Lake Roosevelt - Automated tool to facilitate sampling site selection process for Fisheries planning.

Monday, June 4:

1.  Mountlake Terrace - Lake Ballinger Watershed analysis.

2.  Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest - Land use analysis project for forest lands.

3.  Casey Family Foundation - Analysis project focusing on child welfare indicators in the Appalachian region.

4.  Crater Lake Fire Data - Analysis project focusing on fire data in support of forest health planning efforts.

We hope that some of you will join us for this annual event.  Feel free to attend all or just part of either session.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at harvey.arnone at seattle.gov<mailto:harvey.arnone at seattle.gov>.

Thank you

Harvey Arnone

Supervisor of GIS Applications, Seattle Public Utilities

GIS Certificate Program Instructor, UW Professional and Continuing Education