[gis_info] Cannon vs. HP plotter?

Rachel Smith rachel.smith at dogami.state.or.us
Mon Oct 15 12:26:08 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

We are currently looking to replace our HP 60" plotter and are looking
at the new HP Z6200 and the new Cannon 9400 60" plotter.  Have any of
you used either the new Cannon 9400 or the 8400?  If so, what was your
experience?  lots of maintenance calls or not? used in a production
environment? great print quality?

I'm pretty hesitant to switch brands after using the HP which has been
very dependable for the last 8-9 years.  Just looking for
feedback/opinions.

Thanks!

Rachel

Rachel Lyles Smith, GISP

Project Operations Manager

Geologic Survey & Services

**Email change notice:  please update your contact list to reflect my
new email address: rachel.smith at dogami.state.or.us

Oregon Department of Geology & Mineral Industries

800 NE Oregon St. #28, Suite 965

Portland, OR 97232

971-673-0481 direct

971-673-1555 main