[gis_info] Pc's or pc specs for ArcGis Basic (UNCLASSIFIED)

WEBB, David Reid NFG NG KYARNG (US) david.r.webb60.nfg at mail.mil
Wed Aug 7 05:53:49 PDT 2013

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

If you're not doing much processing, then you don't really need much more than a baseline system. I would recommend 8GB of RAM, two monitors, and the fastest processor you can afford.

If the money is there, solid state hard drives are good for faster I/O.

Lastly, a next business-day onsite service 3-year warranty can save you if you have problems down the road. The chances are small but if something croaks like a video card or power supply, you will be very glad to have it.

Hope this helps!

Reid Webb
Facilities GIS Manager, IASO
KY/DMA/Facilities/FMO