[gis_info] FOSS4G 2014 in Portland

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Thu Aug 8 11:28:23 PDT 2013

Thanks for the plug, Brian!

If you aren't familiar with FOSS4G, it's the premier international conference for Open Source Geospatial Software. We're expecting 1,000-1,200 people from all over the world. You can get a feel for what to expect by browsing this year's program: http://2013.foss4g.org/provisional/index.html

The Portland conference will be held September 8-13th, 2014.

We'd love to have involvement from anyone who's interested. We'll have lots of work to do over the coming months, and every little bit helps.

We're having our first monthly organizing meeting this coming Monday. We'll have a phone and/or video conference as well, for those who aren't in the area. Details are available here: http://calagator.org/events/1250464688

Even if you can't help out, we hope you'll still be able to attend – or better yet, present.

Darrell Fuhriman
Chair, Local Organizing Committee
FOSS4G 2014