[gis_info] [FIT] Draft Zoning Extension to Administrative Boundaries Data Standard review

Ewart, Gail gail.ewart at state.or.us
Tue Dec 24 14:28:24 PST 2013

Dean,

I'll chime in and thank you, too. I'll also respond to your observations.

Overlays are planned to be a separate feature set (shared as a separate shapefile). Ditto comprehensive plan designation maps. The workgroup members know that zoning map geometries are often the same as comp plan geometries (the latter being policy and the former implementation of policy). When we dive into comp plan maps, as a group we will figure out the best way to incorporate the designations into the geodatabase. Come to a meeting and share your ideas. The next one is on January 8, from 10am to noon. We always have a Web meeting option for remote participants.

About the ordinance references, the way the compiled metadata is structured, everything points back to the source. That probably takes care of the last two comments, as well. Once this is all published, you'll be able to see how it fits together.

Happy holidays!

Gail M. Ewart, GISP | Information Management Project Coordinator
Director's Office
Oregon Dept of Land Conservation and Development
635 Capitol St NE, Ste 150 | Salem, OR 97301-2540