[gis_info] OpenStreetMap Edit-a-thon, Saturday Jan 26th

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Thu Jan 24 07:58:00 PST 2013

If you've ever been OpenStreetMap-curious, then this weekend has just the opportunity you're looking for. Groups all over the US will be meeting up for an OpenStreetMap Edit-a-thon, and we'll be having a Portland get-together too!

Saturday, January 26, 2013 from 2–6pm, at the Radio Room on NE 11th and Alberta.

OpenStreetMap, sometimes called "the Wikipedia of maps" is a free worldwide basemap that anyone can use and edit. Even if you've never edited OSM before, you're welcome to join us. Bring a laptop (and mouse, if you have one--it helps!) and your local knowledge.

We'll have a short "Intro to OpenStreetMap" talk around 3, and cheerfully provide assistance with setting up OSM editing software and learning how to add and edit features. Latecomers are a-ok!

Hope to see you there!

Darrell