[gis_info] GIS computer question/recommendation

Erik Fernandez ef at oregonwild.org
Tue Jun 18 14:08:36 PDT 2013

I'm hoping someone out there might have some insight on a recommendation
for a new GIS laptop. Generally looking for something with some kick, but
I'm not running GIS processes that are going to be setting any records. I'm
considering a Dell Latitude e6530 and the Lenovo ThinkPad W530.  I've had a
trusted tech friend suggest leaning away from Lenovo but two GIS colleagues
strongly recommending them.  Is there a consensus out there on Lenovo as
being solid or best to avoid?  Thanks for any input- folks can just respond
to me and I'll send out a single email with any feedback if there's
consensus.
Thanks,
Erik

--
Erik Fernandez
Wilderness Coordinator

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Wild/105124331915><http://twitter.com/oregonwild>

Protecting Oregon's wildlands, wildlife, and waters as an enduring legacy
since 1974.