[gis_info] GEO website transition coming at the end of October

DENOUDEN Bob * CIO bob.denouden at state.or.us
Wed Oct 2 11:08:13 PDT 2013

This is a note about an upcoming change to the Geospatial Enterprise Office website.

Please note that on October 28 the URL for GEO's web site will change from http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/CIO/GEO to http://gis.oregon.gov.  In addition to providing users with a more memorable web address, this URL change will help us avoid confusion when State organization structure changes are made in the future.  For the past several months, users accessing http://gis.oregon.gov/ have been redirected to the /DAS/CIO/ pages. Beginning October 28 gis.oregon.gov will be live.

We will put redirects in place for the most commonly visited GEO content on /DAS/CIO/; however, redirects are a temporary solution and will not encompass every change. GEO's partners will need to update links, bookmarks and favorites. If you have links on websites that you manage that point to the old GEO directory, please correct them to the new link provided above.

I will send out another notice as we get closer to October 28.

Thank you,

Bob

Bob DenOuden | Framework Coordinator | Department of Administrative Services
Geospatial Enterprise Office<http://gis.oregon.gov/> | (503) 378-3157