[gis_info] FOSS4G 2014 Reminders and Announcements

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Sat Apr 12 07:22:40 PDT 2014

On behalf of the FOSS4G organizing committee.

April 11, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
Regular Session and Academic Track proposals due

A reminder to all potential FOSS4G attendees – the proposal submission deadline for both the Academic Track and Regular Sessions is next Tuesday, April 15th. For the Regular Sessions, we strongly recommend reviewing our advice for successful proposals before submitting.

The community voting on the Regular Sessions will directly follow the deadline, April 18th to 28th.

Travel Grant Announcement

We realize that traveling to and attending a conference can be expensive, and that not everyone who uses or develops open source software has provided funding to pay their way or the means to pay for it themselves. To make sure that as many deserving people as possible can attend FOSS4G, we’re creating a travel grant program with funds to cover registration and travel costs. Watch for details coming soon.

One additional reminder: Early Bird Registration is open!

Important Conference Dates

See the full calendar for more details.

April 15th: Academic Paper/Presentation Proposals Due
June 15th: Early bird registration ends
Sept 8th-9th: Workshops
Sept 10th-12th: Main Conference
Sept 13th: Code Sprint