[gis_info] Smithsonian Article on History of GIS

DuaneMarble dmarble at oregonfast.net
Tue Jun 3 15:28:25 PDT 2014

Tripp,

I would certainly not classify this as a "great article" since it is
written by a journalist with minimal
background in the topical area addressed. Some of the material is
correct and has been addressed
elsewhere. Other parts create a very distorted view of our early days.

Duane

________
Dr. Duane F. Marble		Email:  dmarble at OregonFast.net
2226 Primrose Lane		Telephone:  541.902.8837
Florence, OR  97439		Cell:   541.991.1730
Emeritus Professor of Geography -- The Ohio State University
Courtesy Professor of Geosciences -- Oregon State University

   Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
   from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their
   apparent disinclination to do so."
                 --Douglas Adams, British writer, humorist and dramatist