[gis_info] University of Arizona MS-GIST Program, January 2016

John Danloe arizonamsgist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:59:14 PDT 2015

State of Oregon GIS Community,

The University of Arizona’s Master’s of Science in Geographic Information
Systems Technology (MS-GIST) Program has room for prospective students in
the In-Person Program beginning in January 2016. Whether you are (or will
be) a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree, a current professional in
GIS looking to bolster your credentials, or someone seeking a kick start to
your professional career, the UA MS-GIST Program is the right program for
you.

The curriculum in the MS-GIST Program covers a spectrum of topics in GIS
Technology and is taught by University faculty and experts from the Arizona
GIS community. Topics include Cartography, Geodatabase Management, Remote
Sensing, Model Builder and Python scripting, Spatial Analysis and
Statistics, Web App creation with Esri technology including the Esri
Javascript API, and GPS Data Acquisition. The skills acquired through this
Professional Program are directly applicable to GIS jobs and careers, and
translate easily to the professional world.

Here are a few reasons why the UA MS-GIST Program might be right for you:

- One-Year Program (Begins in January 2016, ends in December 2016).

- Evening classes four nights per week to accommodate working professionals
and facilitate participation in experience-building internships.

- No GRE requirement for admission.

- One of the lowest-priced Master’s of Science in GIS programs in the
United States at a Research I Institution.

- In-person format allows for strong interpersonal connections and contact
with instructional staff and fellow classmates.

- Very strong ties with the southern Arizona GIS community, agencies, and
businesses to promote internship opportunities and employment.

- An exemplary placement rate of graduates within one year of program
completion.

- Conference attendance opportunities both in Arizona and nationwide.

- Brand new facilities in the in the newly constructed ENR2 Building with
sustainability as its chief architectural motivation.

- An active and growing GIS community in Tucson, Arizona.

- Tucson, Arizona’s climate and the wonders of the Sonoran Desert and
accompanying mountain ranges which provide countless recreational
activities within 2 hours of Tucson.

If you want to take the next step in GIS, we want to hear from you. Feel
free to contact us at ArizonaMSGIST at gmail.com with your questions.

For more information on our program, please visit our main website (
http://gis.arizona.edu/) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/uagist).

(We also have fun! See if you can find our recent conference attendance
posts and Hawaiian Shirt Wednesday posts on Facebook.)

To apply to the Program, visit http://grad.arizona.edu/.

Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, but it’s best to get your
application in sooner rather than later.  We are still accepting
applications for the Class of 2016, but space is limited.  Secure your
place in the Program today!

University of Arizona MS-GIST
[image: Inline image 1]