[gis_info] GeoBytes (ASPRS\CaGIS) - October 16 - Planetary-scale Geospatial Analysis with Google Earth Engine

David Alvarez davidalvarez76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 09:48:09 PDT 2015

​​Title: Planetary-scale Geospatial Analysis with Google Earth Engine

Abstract: In our pursuit to map the world, Google has spent years building
the world’s largest GIS. We process petabytes of satellite and aerial
imagery, render millions of map tiles on the fly daily for serving to
maps.google.com and through our Maps API, and process and publish millions
of user-submitted corrections to our basemap.

Beyond the services that create our maps, we’ve also purpose-built the
world’s largest geospatial global decision engine, capable of on-demand
multi-spectral imagery and vector analysis -- with a goal of permitting our
users to make informed decisions from Google’s mapping data.

This talk will focus on several key technologies powering Google’s
geospatial cloud computing platform, on how we’re providing these
geospatial services for anyone to use, will showcase several examples of
customers using the services to help them solve their real-world problems,
and demonstrate the basics of how to use the system.

Registration URL:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3867237851020731394

--------
David Alvarez

“THE FURTHER BACKWARDS YOU LOOK, THE FURTHER FORWARD YOU CAN SEE"

Winston Churchill