[gis_info] HP Plotters

CLINGMAN Bill W BCLINGMAN at lcog.org
Fri Apr 15 12:41:48 PDT 2016

We are looking to replace our HP DesignJet 4500, and we are interested in hearing from anyone who has user experience with some of the newer HP models.  The HP models we are considering include the T520, T730, T930, T1530, and the T1300.  There is a wide range in price and specs.  We are no longer the "production shop" we used to be in terms of cranking out large-format hardcopy, as the world continues to evolve toward a less analog style of information delivery, so we probably don't need something as high end as the 4500 was in its day.  It looks like HP is moving away from 3-inch-core media to 2-inch-core, and moving away from multiple-printhead systems to more single-printhead systems.  Any anecdotal experience, insight, suggestions, or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill Clingman |Senior GIS Analyst | Lane Council of Governments
859 Willamette Street, Suite 500, Eugene, OR  97401
Office: 541.682.4548 | Fax 541.682.4099 |bclingman at lcog.org<mailto:bclingman at lcog.org> | www.lcog.org<http://www.lcog.org/>