[gis_info] UAS Symposium by the Sea - Early registration ends soon

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Aug 24 10:14:51 PDT 2016

The Central Coast GIS Users Group (http://www.orurisa.org/ccgisug) is
pleased to invite you to the 2016 GIS Symposium by the Sea - Are Unmanned
Aircraft Systems (UAS) Right for Me on Friday, September 16th at the
Lincoln City Cultural Center in Lincoln City, OR (Map:
https://goo.gl/maps/Htaj7wtLU3K2) from 9 am - 4:30 pm.

Been hearing the buzz about drones? Want to know how this technology can be
applied in your work? How is GIS entwined with UASs? Presenters from OSU,
ODFW, National Estuarine Research Reserves and other organizations will
cover a variety of different guidelines and principles to help make sense
of this emerging and game-changing technology. More details, including an
updated agenda, are available on the symposium website (
http://www.orurisa.org/2016_UAV_Symposium).

Lunch and snacks are included in the registration fee ($35). Only a week to
register before Sept. 1st to receive a $5 discount! Register HERE:
https://2016symposiumbythesea-uasandgis.eventbrite.com  If this
registration fee is difficult for you, please contact us for alternate
options. Registration will close on Sept. 13th. at midnight. In an effort
to reduce waste we will not be providing individual bottled water this
year. Please consider bringing a reusable water bottle or other container
for drinking water during the symposium. We will also have cups available
in case you forget. Thank you!

Also, please forward this link to anyone you think may be interested; this
symposium is open to all interested. We look forward to seeing you there.

Please be sure to join us afterwards (~5:00 pm) for pints and dining
(Roadhouse 101, 4649 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City, OR 97367)!  Please feel free
to contact us with any questions.

Thanks!
CCGISUG 2016 Symposium Committee