[gis_info] GIS guidance for rural local governments

SMITH Cy * DAS Cy.SMITH at oregon.gov
Mon Oct 17 17:34:43 PDT 2016

The City of Hood River, population about 10,000, has been working on GIS implementation for about three years now.  About a year ago, I asked their strategic planning consultant, Elevon Solutions, to document what they've been doing, creating a GIS road map<http://www.oregon.gov/geo/Documents/Local%20Government%20GIS%20Road%20Map.pdf> for other rural local governments to follow.  It's part of our strategy to help rural local governments in Oregon build GIS capacity.  We hope to continue that strategy with other initiatives in the near future.  Stay tuned...

cy

Cy Smith, GISP, State GIO
OSCIO Geospatial Enterprise Office
Secretary, Coalition of Geospatial Organizations (COGO)
Past President, Urban Regional Info. Systems Association (URISA)
Past President, National States Geographic Info. Council (NSGIC)
(503) 378-6066, http://gis.oregon.gov<http://gis.oregon.gov/>