[gis_info] GIS/CADD Designer position available

Christian Schumann-Curtis christian at blueskygis.com
Thu Aug 24 08:19:30 PDT 2017

TWIMC,

Attached is a job description for an opening for GIS/CADD Designer I.
We're already in the process of interviewing to fill one position by early
September.  We're now looking to fill another position at the same time or
shortly thereafter, this time looking specifically for somebody with PLS
CADD experience.

Purpose/ Overview

Provide drafting services based on client standards and requirements.

*Duties* *To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.  Reasonable accommodation may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.*

*% Of Time*

Utilize the utility’s internal computer programs for job task completion,
required submittal forms, material entry and working in GIS & CADD mapping
environments

20% - 30%

Convert preliminary designs for facility replacement and system upgrades to
standardized mapping products.  Work areas mapped will be small: 1-4 Work
Locations.  Larger work areas as experience grows.

60% - 80%

Drafting of utility designs as overseen by a Distribution engineer. This
position will include knowledge of voltage regulation, electrical load
calculations, system protection, and fuse coordination for distribution
systems.

100% - 100%

Participate in regular training on process updates

5% - 10%

Contact:

*Christian Schumann-Curtis*

*GIS Lead*