[gis_info] Geocortex workflow for stream identification and river mile

SMITH Cy * DAS Cy.SMITH at oregon.gov
Wed Jul 5 11:15:01 PDT 2017

Hi:
I'm wondering if anyone has a Geocortex workflow that is used to identify and return a stream location. We are updating an existing application that provided the information as Lat/Long and stream mile (DEQ calls this the LLID Tool for permitting). The tool will be updated and will be displayed using Geocortex software.  Now we need to add the NHD reach code and M-value to the results (as well as the LLID river mile and M-value). However, we have neither coding nor workflow experience in this area. Does anyone out there have a workflow that functions like this?

Our old server is no longer maintained and is being retired.  Older proprietary software is used in the tool. So, we are moving to Geocortex as the primary web mapping application. Adding the NHD results to a stream location identification will help smooth our transition to NHD stream identification.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Steven Aalbers
GIS Information Coordinator
OR DEQ/Environmental Solutions Division/WQ Program/Watershed Mngt. Section
Phone: 503-229-6798
Email: aalbers.steven at deq.state.or.us<mailto:aalbers.steven at deq.state.or.us>
700 NE Multnomah St., Suite #600, Portland, OR 97232
Drinking Water Protection Interactive map viewer; http://deq14.deq.state.or.us/Html5viewer261/?viewer=drinkingwater
Drinking Water Protection Program; http://www.oregon.gov/deq/wq/programs/Pages/dwp.aspx