[gis_info] Call for papers - 2017 NWGIS Conference in Boise

Davis, Linda Linda.Davis at idwr.idaho.gov
Thu Jun 29 14:11:17 PDT 2017

Participate in the 32nd Annual Northwest GIS User Group Conference in Boise, Idaho, by sharing a poster, giving a presentation or showcasing an application. Presentations typically consist of a 20 - 25 min talk, but if you don't want to give a full-length presentation, consider a 5 minute lightning talk instead.

Do you have an application or poster that you want to share? The annual map (including story maps) and app contest is a great way to show off your work and to make contacts with attendees who have similar interests. The event will follow both a traditional format with participants displaying a map or poster in the gallery for attendees to view and also a new approach of allowing folks with web, mobile apps and story maps to show off their work.

We have ample opportunities for you to share your knowledge with your colleagues from the Pacific Northwest.  More information and a link to the submission page is at https://nwgis.org/2017/talks-maps-and-apps .
In order to participate at the conference, you will need to also register for the conference. Early registration is open now through August 30th at  https://nwgis.org/2017/registration .  Our theme is "Keeping up with GIS", and we hope you will join us Oct 9-13, 2017 at the Boise Center on the Grove in downtown Boise.

More information about all the conference activities can be found at nwgis.org/2017<http://nwgis.org/2017> .