[gis_info] Analyzing Wildfire Activity with Spatial Analytics - Part 2

Eric Pimpler eric at geospatialtraining.com
Tue May 23 08:19:48 PDT 2017

In this pos
<http://geospatialtraining.com/analyzing-wildfire-activity-with-spatial-analytics-part-2/>t
we’ll continue our analysis of wildfire activity using spatial analytics
techniques.  In part one
<http://geospatialtraining.com/analyzing-wildfire-activity-with-spatial-analytics-part-1/>,
we downloaded historical wildfire information for the years 2002-2016 from
a USGS ArcGIS Server map service for the United States.  Each year was
exported to an individual feature class containing wildfires for that
particular year only.  After downloading the data we appended the annual
wildfire information into a single feature class containing all wildfire
information for the 2002-2016 time period, and we cleaned up the dataset.

Today’s post will continue to massage the dataset and we’ll also define our
study parameters, and perform some basic hot spot and cluster and outlier
analysis.  Future articles will focus on using various spatial analytics
tools and the R programming language to analyze the data in support of our
study parameters.

Read the entire article
<http://geospatialtraining.com/analyzing-wildfire-activity-with-spatial-analytics-part-2/>

*Upcoming GIS Classes in Pacific Northwest*

   - Introduction to Spatial Statistics using ArcGIS and R
   <http://geospatialtraining.com/introduction-to-spatial-statistics-with-arcgis-desktop-and-r/>
-
   October 9th and 10th - Boise, ID (NWGIS User Conference)
   - Introduction to Spatial Statistics using ArcGIS and R
   <http://geospatialtraining.com/introduction-to-spatial-statistics-with-arcgis-desktop-and-r/>
-
   October 30th and 31st - Seattle, WA
   - Learning ArcGIS Pro 1: Fundamentals
   <http://geospatialtraining.com/introduction-to-arcgis-pro/> - July 31st
   and August 1st - Portland, OR
   - Introduction to Programming ArcGIS Pro with Python
   <http://geospatialtraining.com/introduction-to-programming-arcgis-pro-with-python/>
   - August 2nd and 3rd - Portland, OR
   - R for Data Science I: Programming and Efficient Data Management
   <http://geospatialtraining.com/r-for-data-science-i-r-programming-and-efficient-data-management/>
   - October 30th - Seattle, WA

--
Eric Pimpler