[gis_info] Workshop Announcement: The Map Class - Thursday, April 12th, 2018

gina at thegis20.com gina at thegis20.com
Wed Apr 4 09:20:13 PDT 2018

Hey List,
 Just a reminder the April 12th workshop is right around the corner. This is a good workshop for anyone on your staff looking for a quick intro to ArcGIS Desktop.

In the GIS Essentials: Mapping Your Community™ Workshops you will learn to create maps and analyze data about your local community. Great for beginners and those that would like a refresher on mapping and ArcGIS. Workshops are taught by bestselling author Gina Clemmer using the text the GIS 20: Essential Skills (included in registration).
 These are half day, hands-on workshops (9 AM / 12 EST to 2 PST / 5 EST). The workshops are taught online, by a live instructor. Students login from any computer and view a screen share, and dial in to a conference call. The class is conducted like a live class where students can ask questions and participate in group discussions.
 â–º The workshop: Focuses on teaching fundamentals of using a Geographic Information System (GIS) for community analysis and mapping. Participants will learn how to create basic reference maps, color shaded maps and geocoded maps (address mapping).

    WORKSHOPS       Thursday, April 12th
   Register Now
     Thursday, May 10th
   Register Now
     Thursday, June 7th
  Register Now

 â–º Materials: The GIS 20: Essential Skills book is included with your registration. This book is was recently released as a third edition, updated for ArcGIS 10.6. It has been an ESRI's bestseller over the past decade and has high praises on Amazon. It will be used for exercises and class discussion. The book includes a six month version of the software. Participants also receive a recording of the class.
 â–º Instructor: The class is taught by Gina Clemmer, bestselling author and GIS expert.

â–º Praise: Class participants consistently rank the workshop as outstanding. Students most appreciate the direct teaching method which provides a fast yet comprehensive learning experience.

"Great materials, great instructor and great organization of materials. Thanks!" - Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago

"I especially liked the comprehensiveness of the course as well as the 2-hour segments of learning. Breaking up the learning really helped me retain what I learned. I have taken many IT trainings, but I have to say that Gina Clemmer is one of the best instructors I've ever had. I recommend this training to anyone that is interested in learning or improving their GIS skills.” GIS Project Coordinator, NYS Council on Children and Families

"I knew I needed to learn geo-analysis skills, I had to start somewhere, and the GIS Essentials course was just the right level to get me where I needed to go. Starting at the basics, working through real-life examples, and upping the complexity made it worth my time. I also appreciated being able to ask questions specific to the projects I was working on. ” Research Data Analyst, Stanford University, School of Medicine