[gis_info] GIS DAY speaker request - Portland

BURCSU Theresa * DAS Theresa.BURCSU at oregon.gov
Wed Aug 29 12:17:57 PDT 2018

Christina Friedle from Portland Community College is looking for a speaker on GIS Day -

We are starting to make plans for GIS day this year and I wanted to see if either of you had any recommendations for speakers.  We had some ideas on topics - like Machine Learning, UAVs, Mapbox/web mapping, or maybe something related to GIS & Immigration or activism.

Do you have anyone that you could recommend that could speak to one of those topics and is an engaging speaker?  We do try and keep the speaker presentation light-hearted (so maybe GIS & Immigration isn't the best choice of topics) and festive.

Any ideas?

Hope all is well,
Christina Friedle
Geography Faculty
Department Chair
PCC Sylvania
christina.friedle at pcc.edu<mailto:christina.friedle at pcc.edu>
971-722-4072

Jacob Edwards
Oregon Lidar Consortium Coordinator
Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 965, Portland, Oregon 97232
Direct: (971) 673-1557
Jacob.edwards at oregon.gov<mailto:Jacob.edwards at oregon.gov>