[gis_info] ESRI PLANS for PUBLISHING from ARCGIS PRO to ARCGIS SERVER

MATHER David * DAS David.MATHER at oregon.gov
Wed Jan 2 12:56:26 PST 2019

Oregon GIS Community, anyone who is interested in publishing from ArcGIS Pro straight to ArcGIS Server may find this GeoNET posting by the Senior Product Engineer for ArcGIS Enterprise, Philip Heede.  This may help you decide whether you want or need to jump into the ArcGIS Portal side of Enterprise.

GeoNet <https://community.esri.com/?et=watches.email.idea_comment>

ArcGIS Pro Publish Services To ArcGIS Server
new comment by Philip Heede<https://community.esri.com/people/pheede-esristaff> View all comments on this idea<https://community.esri.com/ideas/12258-arcgis-pro-publish-services-to-arcgis-server?commentID=68592#comment-68592>
________________________________

Hi Josh (and everyone else following this thread),

 As we are finalizing ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7, we are unfortunately falling a bit short of our original goals for the features related to publishing from Pro to a standalone ArcGIS Server.

 With ArcGIS Pro 2.3, it will be possible to publish map services (and related capabilities like feature services) to a standalone ArcGIS Server. Publishing will be via Python scripting only, i.e. via arcpy-based scripts.

 This is not everything that was originally planned and we will continue to add additional functionality in future releases of ArcGIS Pro.

 For ArcGIS Pro 2.4, due later in 2019, we plan to have a full publishing user experience within ArcGIS Pro in addition to the scripting-based experience being introduced in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 here in January. After Pro 2.3, we also plan on adding support for publishing other service types beyond map services including image services, geoprocessing services, and more.

=============================
David Mather, GISP
Geospatial Data Administrator
Geospatial Enterprise Office
Office of the State CIO
635 Capitol st NE # 150
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-2166
gis.oregon.gov
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published