[gis_info] FW: TriMet is hiring a GIS Data Analyst

BURCSU Theresa * DAS Theresa.BURCSU at oregon.gov
Wed Jan 16 09:48:54 PST 2019

[https://www.orurisa.org/EmailTracker/EmailTracker.ashx?emailCode=dFLdb%2fv2vXPQ%2fBv09foYLSgoNfQwjLGbVgs5YxlTwaqe9KKpsxxudDAYeqGFPBnizPxSfVd%2bVJNcLpRrrixZGEkePtjSRnOhhU73Bg%2bLylo%3d]

[Posting on behalf of TriMet]

TriMet is hiring a GIS Data Analyst

http://bit.ly/2FoqYyo<https://www.orurisa.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=vBCYE1KwIn8ZmAcGjhPzBc5GSq12pqqXTY2MjpdN0ZDz9irR3pFdMcGzgGUEi%2ftDy0j3XJ3Ifcxsn8XOTA9dpQ6%2b4gsk1ddwV%2bJjgfuIyZU%3d>

Description

TriMet's Mobility & Location-Based Services section (formerly GIS & Location-Based Services) is seeking applications for a GIS Data Analyst to join our team. Mobility & Location-Based Services works closely with IT to support agency-wide GIS initiatives. Our team collaborates with nearly every other department at TriMet, assisting with projects such as analyzing demographic statistics, evaluating the impacts of changes in transit service, and supporting TriMet's multimodal trip planner, to name just a few. Our ideal candidate will combine a depth of up-to-date technical expertise in GIS, data analysis, and web mapping platforms, with a breadth of experience in problem solving, communication, collaboration, outside-the-box thinking, and a passion for transit and public service. We encourage you to apply for this position if you:

  *   Consider yourself a map geek
  *   Are passionate about open source geospatial software and open data, including OpenStreetMap
  *   Take pride in writing scripts as a regular part of your workflow
  *   Are comfortable with acquiring, processing, and visualizing large, complex, and dynamic datasets
  *   Have experience with open source web mapping and a desire to grow those skills further
  *   Enjoy brainstorming, conceptualizing, and building workflows and systems to pull together disparate data sources into a meaningful, easy-to-understand map or application
  *   Have an eye for design and clarity in presenting the best possible cartographic answers to unique and challenging questions
  *   Aren't afraid to ask questions, ask for help, or bring in external resources to solve a problem or build something amazing
  *   Thrive as a valued support resource for GIS and data analysis questions from many different people and groups, and can prioritize and manage numerous requests effectively
  *   Have the insight and confidence to identify gaps and deficits in our data and workflows – and then lead the charge to improve them
  *   Are passionate about TriMet's vision, mission, and values, and are excited at the prospect of working with over 3,000 TriMet employees who share that passion

Unsubscribe<https://www.orurisa.org/Sys/Unsubscribe?et=qDG2yvUCTZ%2frhvi7ZaB2Ev9scg18P4Ade%2f3JAoW%2fwAeLAzQPb9%2bggTCztDcRsQRTjcuwPqe0SJKxryCiJE4SxePzYj4p13JQHKRftv0O%2fm%2fIofJkS11iDff%2fmrv6gRwLle473BPui60KkTk94oL4adJvkNiMZZ%2fzMQZA0ZrmKlQNxOrd&up=%3fet%3dTqid2dTIOypcFfWXMfgb3S8bCy2lq%252bDE9H4n%252bwTRyozhonFLtstCNkQU2LkgceJbs8h5OSvFoRmgYJK3F7PBFzxTK5kVkXuOgTAf7JW%252bp9rmn5pPkYblnTwBp1gw6LUQzpYYfcWDWeWZXKhZXq7vqq3Cmtyg0AlvPFGxclgGi3uV5M%252br>