[gis_info] New Updates - Leadership Briefing and Public RAPTOR

Stoelb, Daniel daniel.stoelb at state.or.us
Mon Jun 29 13:31:37 PDT 2020

Good afternoon GIS listserv subscribers,

This message is to inform you of some major updates to applications that we maintain to help keep you and the public informed. Please see specific details below regarding these major enhancements:

*        Leadership Briefing

o   This application has been updated to include a new infographic main view that includes relevant details about the current hazards within Oregon. This includes the following data:

?  COVID cases

?  COVID deaths

?  Current wildfires

?  Current acreage burned

?  Local drought declarations

?  State drought declarations

?  Earthquakes within Oregon within last 7 days

?  Gages forecasted at or near flood stage (within next 72 hours)

?  Volcanoes at alert level

o   This new view was built in the mindset of having a single location to indicate a broad overview of active hazards within the state

o   Underneath each infographic is a link to the relevant dashboard for displaying additional data about that hazard

o   All dashboards and visualizations are both desktop and mobile-friendly

o   Works best in browsers other than Internet Explorer

*        Public RAPTOR

o   New site uses existing datasets on Public RAPTOR and displays them in a more updated application

o   Now combines both 2D and 3D visualizations

?  Users can click on the link on the bottom-left side of the screen to switch between 2D and 3D views of the data

o   Application works on both desktop and mobile devices

o   Works best in browsers other than Internet Explorer

Please see the attached document for our handout describing our public-facing applications. Links on our hub site and through OpsCenter have been updated accordingly.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thanks!

[OregonOEM]<http://www.oregon.gov/oem>

Daniel Stoelb, GIS Program Coordinator
Operations and Preparedness Section
Oregon Office of Emergency Management
Office 503-378-3234
daniel.stoelb at state.or.us<mailto:daniel.stoelb at state.or.us>
[Related image]<https://www.facebook.com/OMDOEM/> [Image result for twitter icons] <https://twitter.com/OregonOEM?lang=en> [Image result for youtube icons] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-f486An9fu-mjaMZepX2nA?feature=mhee>

OEM GIS Hub: https://oregon-oem-geo.hub.arcgis.com/