[gis_info] FW: "How to Give a Good (Virtual) Presentation" - Monday, 10/15, 1:30-3:30 PM PT

David Howes david at dhowes.com
Fri Oct 15 11:09:02 PDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the short notice, but Randy Bonds and I had the idea yesterday to
offer a last-minute informal opportunity for anyone presenting at the
upcoming Northwest GIS Conference to seek and offer guidance on the topic
of giving (hopefully) good online presentations. The details are contained
in the forwarded message below. You're welcome to come for as long or as
short a period as you like. There are many great presenters in our
community, so I hope some of you can pop in and impart your wisdom to help
others and maintain the usual high standard of the conference.

If you're not already planning on attending the conference, I highly
recommend that you do so by registering at https://www.nwgis.org/nwgis2021.
It's always a great and most valuable event thanks to the fantastic people
involved.

As some of you know, groups of us have conducted sessions on the presenting
topic under the title of "The Art of the Helpful GIS Presentation," for
which you can find slides here:

   - URISA GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015

http://www.gispd.com/Documents/GIS-Pro-NWGIS%202015-20151021-Howes%20et%20al-The%20Art%20of%20the%20Helpful%20GIS%20Presentation.pdf

   - Alaska GIS Professional Development Day, 50th Annual Alaska Surveying
   and Mapping Conference, 2016

http://www.gispd.com/Documents/AKSMC%202016-20160215-Howes%20et%20al-The%20Art%20of%20the%20Helpful%20GIS%20Presentation.pdf

   - Northwest GIS 2018

http://localhost:57311/Documents/NWGIS%202018,%2020181101-Howes%20et%20al-The%20Art%20of%20the%20Helpful%20GIS%20Presentation.pdf

For details and (often) slides for many other events, please see:

   - http://www.gispd.com/events
   - http://www.dhowes.com/presentations

As usual, don't hesitate to get in touch if you need any help.

Thanks.

David

*David A. Howes*

*Geospatial Information Scientist*