[gis_info] Full time geospatial job opportunities at the Conservation Biology Institute (remote)

Rebecca Degagne r.degagne at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:11:28 PDT 2022

Hi all,

The Conservation Biology Institute <https://consbio.org/> (CBI) is hiring
two full-time, permanent geospatial analysts (one GIS/planning-focused, one
RS-focused) to be core technical members of our team (remote optional).
You will work closely with colleagues to apply a range of tools and
technologies to create custom spatial products for conservation,
restoration, planning, and natural resource management. We are looking for
candidates with strong backgrounds in GIS and/or remote sensing,
demonstrated skills working with ArcGIS ModelBuilder and Google Earth
Engine (GEE), the ability to communicate clearly with expert and non-expert
audiences via writing, speaking, visualizations, and maps, and an interest
in working closely with a core team to translate cutting-edge science into
effective conservation solutions. While the primary focus is on technical
geospatial tasks, there may be opportunity for coordinating with clients
and stakeholders, grant writing, and project management, in alignment with
the candidate's skills and organizational needs. We are looking for
applicants with 2-10 years of real-world geospatial work experience, in
addition to a post-baccalaureate GIS certificate or M.S.
Salary range of $62k - $75k.

*About CBI:* The Conservation Biology Institute is a non-profit with a
mission to conserve biological diversity and build a more sustainable
world. We are a cohesive group of scientists, geospatial analysts, spatial
modelers, and software engineers. The geospatial team works closely with
CBI staff and external clients to support work locally and around the
globe. CBI's projects span terrestrial applications, as well as freshwater
and marine systems; growth areas for CBI include spatial planning for
renewable energy development and sustainable recreation management.

*Job & Application Details:*
https://consbio.org/general/pages/job-opportunities

Please share with your networks!

- Rebecca