[gis_info] FW: One Month Countdown: NWGIS UC in Yakima, September 17 - 21

SMITH Rachel L * DAS rachel.l.smith at das.oregon.gov
Thu Aug 17 08:49:44 PDT 2023

 [https://nwgis.org/resources/Pictures/Logo/banner-circle-black.png]

NWGIS UC 2023 in Yakima, WA

September 17 - 21, 2023

NWGISers, we are one month out from our NWGIS User Conference<https://nwgis.org/2023-uc>! It'll be here before you know it! Can't wait to see you all in Yakima.

The conference will include:

  *   Key note address by John Nelson of Esri
  *   Pre-conference workshops
  *   Technical sessions from other NWGISers
  *   Map and App competition
  *   Social at Single Hill Brewing
  *   Banquet Dinner at Yakima Valley Museum
  *   Group Hike in Cowiche Canyon

For more detailed information, see our working agenda.
Register <https://nwgis.org/event-5115776>

Lodging

Book fast, it's Fresh Hop Season in Yakima!

Our partnering hotels include:

Holiday Inn - Downtown Yakima

Hilton Garden Inn - Downtown Yakima

Ramada Inn - Downtown Yakima

See here<https://nwgis.org/page-18129> for more info on lodging and special rates

Attend a Workshop

Pre-conference workshops will take place on Sunday, September 17 and Monday, September 18.  The line up of pre-conference workshops includes:

>From Geospatial Training

  *   Mastering ArcGIS Pro 3.x: Editing, Analysis, and Automation (2-day)

>From David Howes, LLC/GISPD.com

  *   Introduction to Python
  *   Introduction to ArcGIS Pro Python Tools and Process Development

>From Esri

  *   Imagery Management x Esri
  *   Drone Mapping and Use of Data
  *   Modernize Your ArcGIS WebBuilder Apps Using ArcGIS Experience Builder
  *   Mobile Solutions: ArcGIS Field Maps

Note: the cost of pre-conference workshops is not included in the standard registration.
Workshop Registration <https://nwgis.org/2023-uc-workshops>

Keynote by John Nelson, Esri

John Nelson is a map maker, software experience designer, and writer at Esri creating fringe geographic data, curious web experiences, marginally-educational blogs, and debatably-instructional videos. He works in a small woodshed in Michigan and relishes the opportunity to chat with other map folks. If he didn't live in the Midwest he's definitely live in the PNW.

Technical Presentations: Planned Topics

Our agenda<https://nwgis.org/2023-uc-agenda> is firming up. Here are some of the planned topics we have on deck:

  *   ArcGIS Pro
  *   Imagery / Drone
  *   Environmental Data and Management
  *   Emergency Response
  *   Enterprise Management
  *   Mobile / Field Apps
  *   Municipal / Government Issues
  *   Planning
  *   Programming
  *   Utilities
  *   Web Apps / Experience Builder

Call to Action: Submit a Technical Presentation

Hearing about the success and progress of our community is a big part of what makes the NWGIS UC so special. Whether you're a student, a seasoned professional, or anywhere in between we'd love to have you share your GIS work with us.

We still have some slots left for technical presentations. We are particularly keen to see a few more presentations in:

  *   Emergency Management/Response and NG911 Initiative
  *   Mobile Apps and Dashboards
  *   ArcGIS Pro
  *   Python / Development
Other topics that are always of interest are:

  *   ArcGIS Enterprise / Portal
  *   Arcade
  *   Analysis / Modeling
  *   Utilities
  *   Web GIS
  *   There has also been a vocalized interest in work related to drones and imagery, AI, big data, governance, and open source GIS.  The sky's the limit!
Questions? Or need feedback on your presentation topic? Contact Samantha Nakata at snakata at nwgis.org<mailto:snakata at nwgis.org>
Submit an Abstract <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6B1NdrT_Jg2R3vh94V4xJxMWfjuzdmTT-mRrNvBV37Kr4fw/viewform>

Call to Action: Submit a Map/App

Not ready for a full-fledged technical presentation? We'd also love to have you submit a map, story map, or application for our Map and App Competition.

Questions - Contact Ruth Bunch<mailto:gis2assist at gmail.com>.

Call to Action: Sponsor This Event

We have special exhibitor rates available!
Exhibitor Info <https://www.nwgis.org/2023-uc-vendors>

A big thank you to our sponsors:

Access Geographic, LLC<https://www.accessgeographic.com/>

EagleView<https://www.eagleview.com/>