[gis_info] Tutorial: Creating New Basemaps with ArcGIS Pro

Eric Pimpler eric at geospatialtraining.com
Wed Jan 11 12:31:04 PST 2023

*In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a new basemap with ArcGIS Pro
and add it to the default basemap gallery in Pro so you can use it for
other projects. There are two ways to do this. First, we create an empty
basemap and add data to it. Next, we’ll convert an existing map to a
basemap*.

ArcGIS Pro offers a set of basemaps that you can use for a project.
However, if you find yourself often using the same datasets for a new
project, it makes sense to create a new basemap with your own data. This
will save you time and effort when starting a new mapping project. In this
tutorial, we’ll have a look at how you can create a new basemap from
scratch. We’ll start with creating a new basemap from scratch, next we’ll
turn an existing map into a new basemap.

Read the entire tutorial.
<https://geospatialtraining.com/tutorial-creating-new-basemaps-with-arcgis-pro/>

We are coming to Portland this April to teach a series of ArcGIS Pro and
ArcGIS Online classes at Portland Metro.
<https://geospatialtraining.com/portland-classes/>
Thanks,

--
Eric Pimpler