[gis_info] _\|/_ Potentially Risky URL in Email - Click Carefully _\|/_ GISPD.com: Python and ArcGIS Pro Tools Online Workshops at GIS In Action, Intermountain GIS

David Howes david at dhowes.com
Thu Apr 18 06:17:33 PDT 2024

Hello GIS Professionals,

In case you're interested, here are the current upcoming opportunities to
attend my in-person Python-related workshops:

   - *GIS In Action, Portland, Oregon*
      - Introduction to Python Programming
         - Monday, April 29th, 2024 - 8:00 am-5:00 pm Pacific Time
         - Registration: https://www.orurisa.org/GIS-in-action/registration

   - Introduction to ArcGIS Pro Python Tools and Processes Development
         - Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 - 8:00 am-5:00 pm Pacific Time
         - Registration: https://www.orurisa.org/GIS-in-action/registration

   - *Intermountain GIS, Post Falls, Idaho*
      - Introduction to Python Programming
         - Monday, May 13th, 2024 - 8:00 am-5:00 pm Pacific Time
         - Description and registration:
         https://www.nrurisa.org/pages/spring-2024-intermountain-gis-conference

   - Introduction to ArcGIS Pro Python Tools and Processes Development
         - Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 - 8:00 am-5:00 pm Pacific Time
         - Description and registration:
         https://www.nrurisa.org/pages/spring-2024-intermountain-gis-conference

For all workshops, please note:

   - Once I receive notice of you registering for a workshop, I'll send you
   the setup instructions.
   - You're welcome to sign up any time before the workshop starts. If you
   have any trouble registering at the last minute, please let me know and
   we'll work it out.
   - If you do sign up at the last minute, please make sure you already
   have the required software installed:
      - ArcGIS Pro (latest or recent version)
      - PyCharm *Community* Edition
   - As explained in the descriptions, the first workshop is a prerequisite
   requirement for the second workshop, unless your level of experience is
   sufficient to justify a waiver of this requirement. Please get in touch if
   you would like to discuss such a waiver.
   - Every time I conduct workshops of this type, I always check whether
   attendees prefer to work through a set of exercises or follow along as I
   give explanations and demos. The unanimous choice is always the latter and
   forms the basis for a flexible and interactive approach. While I have a
   core amount of material to cover, there's always time for discussion and
   experimentation and this sort of engagement always seems to enrich the
   experience for everyone.

I'm most grateful to the organizers of the conferences for inviting me and
for enabling the provision of these workshops. Please consider supporting
their organizations in whatever way you can.

Thanks.

David

*David A. Howes*

*Geospatial Information Scientist*