[gis_info] NWGIS & GISPD.com: Python and ArcGIS Pro Tools Online Workshops, February 20-23, 2024

David Howes david at dhowes.com
Thu Feb 1 12:34:21 PST 2024

Hello GIS professionals,

In association with the fantastic Northwest GIS User Group (NWGIS), I'd
like to invite you to join me and a great group of people for the following
online workshops, which I'll be teaching later this month.

   - *Introduction to Python Programming*
      - Part 1 - Tuesday, February 20th, 2024 - 8:00 am-12:00 pm Pacific
      Time
      - Part 2 - Wednesday, February 21st, 2024 - 8:00 am-12:00 pm Pacific
      Time
      - Description and registration: https://www.nwgis.org/event-5530924

   - *Introduction to ArcGIS Pro Python Tools and Processes Development*
      - Part 1 - Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 - 8:00 am-12:00 pm Pacific
      Time
      - Part 2 - Friday, February 23rd, 2024 - 8:00 am-12:00 pm Pacific Time
      - Description and registration: https://www.nwgis.org/event-5530943

Please note:

   - Each workshop is normally a full day, but, on this occasion, will be
   taught over two consecutive mornings.
   - As explained in the descriptions, the first workshop is a prerequisite
   requirement for the second workshop, unless your level of experience is
   sufficient to justify a waiver of this requirement. Please get in touch if
   you would like to discuss such a waiver.
   - Every time I put on workshops of this type, I always check whether
   attendees prefer to work through a set of exercises or follow along as I
   give explanations and demos. The unanimous choice is always the latter and
   forms the basis for a flexible and interactive approach. While I have a
   core amount of material to cover, there's always time for discussion and
   experimentation and this sort of engagement always seems to enrich the
   experience for everyone.

I'm most grateful to NWGIS for supporting the provision of these workshops.
I highly encourage you to join NWGIS for the low annual fee of $10.00 and
to support the organization as an active participant. Please visit their
website, https://nwgis.org/, for details and please consider attending
their 2024 conference, which will be held in Seaside, Oregon in September.

Thanks.

David

*David A. Howes*

*Geospatial Information Scientist*