[gis_info] Web Services Questionnaire https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/

MATHER David * DAS David.MATHER at das.oregon.gov
Tue Feb 20 16:38:05 PST 2024

GEO would like to build a catalog of users and applications that link to our GIS web services at https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/.
We need your help.  This would help us better understand who we are serving, the different ways the services are being used and potentially who we need to notify if we have changes or interruptions in service in the future.

Our recent upgrade to the new geocoder web service brought to light some new applications and users we were not aware of previously.

THE ASK:
We would like to build a catalog of agencies, primary user contacts, and web applications or websites that are being used, and what REST endpoint URL from Navigator specifically is being used (including any apps built into any ArcGIS Online organization).  If the app resides in ArcGIS Online and uses the Oregon Address locator, or any Navigator services, please provide the URL for the app. (example https://yourorg.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=593e6cd0f22d453ieriotue)

If you use our services in a website, web application or an internal process that relies on Navigator please send the information to gis.info at das.oregon.gov<mailto:gis.info at das.oregon.gov> directly!

Example Use Cases and Information that would be helpful:
User: ODFW
Contact: Tom Smith 503-000-000 tom.smith at odfw.oregon.gov<mailto:tom.smith at odfw.oregon.gov>
Navigator Service: https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/services/Locators/OregonAddress/GeocodeServer
URL or Process: https://127.0.0.1/agency/AddressFinder.html

User: My Company
Contact: My Name 877-000-000  my.name at mycompany.com<mailto:my.name at mycompany.com>
Navigator Service: https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/services/Framework/Trans_GeneralMap/MapServer/<https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/services/Framework/Trans_GeneralMap/MapServer/0>
URL or Process: https://mycompany.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=593e6cd0##d4533b0c93123f039025a

User: DHS
Contact: Nancy Smith 503-000-000 nancy.smith at dhs.oregon.gov<mailto:nancy.smith at dhs.oregon.gov>
Navigator Service: https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/services/Locators/OregonAddress/GeocodeServer
URL or Process:  Internal bulk verification of customer addresses using batch geocoding.

User: OPRD
Contact: A. Person 503-000-000 a.person at oprd.oregon.gov<mailto:a.person at oprd.oregon.gov>
Navigator Service: https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/services/Framework/Trans_GeneralMap/MapServer/0
URL or Process: https://127.0.0.1/agency/MilePostsNearParks.html

NOTES:
The statewide geocoder is: https://navigator.state.or.us/arcgis/rest/services/Locators/OregonAddress/GeocodeServer

This geocode service also supports the OREGON ADDRESS locator in Oregon's ArcGIS Online (geo.maps.arcgis.com).

While the primary usage for the navigator service is the geocoder web service, but there are framework and secure services that get heavy use as well.   Some of the services in the Framework folder are out of date.  There has been an effort to move the Framework services to geohub.oregon.gov, and that effort will continue. Transportation and Admin Bounds should be up to do date.

Thanks!

[cid:image001.png at 01DA6410.9104B4B0]
David Mather, GISP
Geospatial System Administrator
Enterprise Information Services
Data Governance and Transparency
Cell: (971) 900-9643
"Ensuring accessible, reliable and secure state technology systems that serve Oregonians."