[Health_Education_Promotion] Fwd: Contest to make a public health video

Adrienne P MULLOCK adrienne.p.mullock at state.or.us
Tue Jun 22 08:54:34 PDT 2010

Good morning!
Look at this cool contest the Northwest Health Foundation has announced.
Have a great day!

http://www.oregonlive.com/art/index.ssf/2010/06/the_norhtwest_health_foundatio.html

The Northwest Health Foundation's PSA contest means a meeting with Gus Van Sant

Published: Friday, June 18, 2010, 2:16 PM

By D.K. Row, The Oregonian  ( http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/drow/index.html )

There's a video contest hosted by the Northwest Health Foundation -- and the winner gets $3,000 and a private meeting with director Gus Van Sant.

The details follow in the press release below:

TOPIC: Northwest Health Foundation and Community Health Priorities are now accepting submissions for the Public Health Matters Video Contest.

WHO: Oregon's video producers, film students, documentary filmmakers, creative freelancers

WHAT: The Northwest Health Foundation (NWHF) is hosting an Oregon-wide PSA contest calling for 30-second public service advertisements (PSAs) that creatively demonstrate how our communities benefit from Oregon's public health system and its county health departments. Grand prize is $3,000, a private meeting with Oscar-nominated director Gus Van Sant, and a chance for the winning PSA to air in select Oregon markets.

WHERE: Oregon only

WHEN: Contest runs from June 15 to August 15 and is open to Oregonians of all ages and levels of experience

WHY: To highlight the critical role Oregons public health system and its health departments play in keeping our communities safe and healthy, and to help the NWHF raise awareness about the benefits Oregons public health system and its county health departments provide to our communities in an interesting and innovative way.

HOW: Submit online at www.communityhealthpriorities.org ( http://www.communityhealthpriorities.org/ )

Adrienne Paige Mullock,  MPH, CHES
Public Health Educator
Oregon State WIC Program