[HealthyTribes] Grantee Led Work Groups!

Pickens Bonnie L bonnie.l.pickens at state.or.us
Fri Nov 7 11:47:12 PST 2014

Hello Tribal TPEP Coordinators -

Although it is not a requirement that Tribal TPEP Coordinators participate in the Grantee Led Work Group phone calls, we encourage it and would like to have you join! It is an excellent opportunity to become more engaged in specific work happening around the state and to advance coordination in these focused areas.

Here is updated information about the workgroups and how you can participate:

CCOs and Health Systems Transformation Work Group
Caryn Wheeler, Jackson County Public Health
Scott Montegna, HPCDP

Are you interested in learning new and exciting ways to partner with your local CCOs? Want to work smarter not harder?
Oregon passed landmark legislation to transform the way services are delivered through the Oregon Health Plan for better health care at lower costs. Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs) were formed to oversee the delivery of services in this new model of care. This has created important opportunities for collaboration between local public health and CCOs. This group will be an opportunity to learn how your colleagues around the state are partnering with CCOs to change systems, improve health outcomes for vulnerable and disenfranchised populations, and work smarter not harder.

Webinars to be held on the 3rd Thursday of every other month (even months) beginning December 18th, from 2-4pm.
Conf. #: (877) 810-9415
Host code: 517094
Participant cod: 975182

Webinar information to come.

Schedule of Calls:
All calls are from 2-4pm
December 18th, 2014
February 19th, 2015
April 16th, 2015
June 18th, 2015
August 20th, 2015
October 15th, 2015
December 17th, 2015

Indoor Clean Air Act Work Group
Sara Hartstein, Benton County Health Department
Jennifer Young, HPCDP

The ICAA expansion work group will focus on local strategies to address both the use of new and emerging products in work and public places, and closing the smoking lounge exemption.

Calls will be held on the 4th Wednesday of even months from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Beginning on February 25th, 2015.

Call in line: (877) 810-9415
Host Code: 517094
Participant Code: 975182

All calls are from 9:30 am - 10:30 a.m.

February 25th, 2015
April 22nd, 2015
June 24th, 2015
August 26th, 2015
October 28th, 2015
December 23rd, 2015
                                               (Please note there will be NO December 2014 call, as it is Christmas Eve)

Tobacco Retail Liscencing Work Group
Adelle Adams, Multnomah County Health Department
Kim LaCroix, HPCDP

This is an ongoing workgroup that focuses on point of sale policies in the retail environment. The objective of the workgroup is to advance coordination around data collection and analysis, policy formation, and communication. The group is a venue to share new resoureces, discuss successess and challenges, and collectively strategize.

Calls are every other month on the 4th Thursday of Even months from 2pm-4pm.

Call in information:

Call In Number: 1.877.810.9415
Passcode: 975182

All calls are from 2pm-4pm.

(NO December 2014 call)
February 26th, 2015
April 23nd, 2015
June 25th, 2015
August 27th, 2015
October 29th, 2015
(No call on Christmas Eve)

Tobacco Use and Pregnant Women Work Group
Jenny Narron, Klamath County Public Health
Beth Sanders, HPCDP

The Pregnant Smokers Workgroup will thoroughly explore the topic as it applies to public health in Oregon. We would like to move a step beyond the RSN model of primarily sharing recent endeavors with fellow grantees, though there will be time for this. We will approach the topic as an educational endeavor in which we bring in outside resources. For example:

  *   Presentations by our community partners, such as WIC. How can we work together for maximum efficacy?
  *   Success stories by champions of practice. What does one provider do daily to tackle this issue?
  *   Input from scholars. Think medical anthropology and specific populations... How is tobacco use perceived amongst native women?

We would like to make this more interactive webinar than conference call. Of course, we are flexible and open to suggestions as well as topics. Contact Jenny Narron at Klamath County with any questions. jnarron at co.klamath.or.us<mailto:jnarron at co.klamath.or.us>

Call in: (877) 336-1831
Participant: 559758

2nd Monday of even months, 2:30-3:30pm

December 8, 2014

February 9, 2015

April 13, 2015

June 8, 2015

Aug 10, 2015

Oct 12, 2015

Dec 14, 2015

Outdoor Venue Workgroup
Emily DeHayr, Marion County Health Department
Tara Weston, HPCDP

An ongoing work group that undertakes issues that deal with outdoor venues and places to become tobacco-free and smokefree. Venues of topic include parks and fairgrounds.

Please note all calls are on the second Thursday of the month, from 11:00am to 12:00pm

Call In Info: (877) 336-1831
Participant code: 559758

2014
November 13th
December 11th

2015
January 8th
February 12th
March 12th
April 9th
May 14th
June 11th
July 9th
August 13th
September 10th
October 8th
November 12th
December 10th

Bonnie L. Pickens
Interim Community Programs Liaison & Asthma Coordinator
Oregon Health Authority | Public Health Division | Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section
P: (971) 673 - 1063  E: bonnie.l.pickens at state.or.us<mailto:bonnie.l.pickens at state.or.us>

I am out of the office on Thursdays.