[HealthyTribes] Prevention and PMO Focus Groups

Pope Shira R shira.r.pope at state.or.us
Tue Nov 25 13:19:53 PST 2014

Hello!

OHA - HPCDP will be facilitating 4 additional focus groups for the Prevention and Place Matters Oregon (PMO) campaigns in Klamath Falls, to supplement the focus groups that have been conducted already among communities experiencing disparities. These focus groups will be held on December 8th and 9th at the Best Western Olympic Inn. There will be 4 separate focus groups (General, LGBT, Latino, Native American).

Listed below are the dates, times, and locations of the upcoming focus groups. Please let me know if you are planning to attend.  NOTE: A link to watch the focus groups will be provided the day before the focus group dates.

Focus Group Location, Times, and Sample Parameters

Date, Times, Locations

Monday, Dec 8, 2014
Group 1 (Gen Pop): 2:30 - 4:30 pm
Group 2 (LGBTQ): 5:30 - 7:30 pm

Best Western Olympic Inn
2627 S 6th St
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
541-882-9665

Tuesday, Dec 9, 2014
Group 3 (Latino): 2:30 - 4:30 pm
Group 4 (Native): 5:30 - 7:30 pm

Our communications objectives are:

*         Increase public awareness of and attention to health equity, risk factors and social determinants of health in daily life.

*         Set the stage of discussion of policies that shape health equity, risk factors and social determinants of health.

In order to create a conversation that brings in a diverse group of Oregonians, we recognize that our research must start with communities experiencing disparities to understand values and messages that empower rather than discourage.  What we gather from the initial research will help us form messages and stories that resonate with all Oregonians.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,

Shira