[HealthyTribes] Updated County Tobacco Fact Sheets are available

Wylie Sarah A sarah.a.wylie at state.or.us
Fri Feb 1 13:26:56 PST 2019

Good afternoon, TPEP and RHEC coordinators.

I'm excited to share that the 2019 County Tobacco Fact Sheets are available on the Smokefree Oregon webpage (https://smokefreeoregon.com/what-you-can-do/). These fact sheets include snapshots of tobacco's toll in every county in Oregon, tobacco retail assessment results for a few key data points, adult tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure, and youth tobacco product use. These fact sheets are a great leave-behind for meetings with partners, coalition members, organizational leadership, or decision makers.

A few notes:

  *   HPCDP's data analysis standards for small numbers have changed since these fact sheets were last updated in 2014. You will notice that for some small counties, we provide regional tobacco use estimates when Oregon Healthy Teen county samples were too small.
  *   For counties, these fact sheets replace the county webpages for local data. For tribal TPEP programs, your tribal TPEP webpages are still live.

A special thank you to the HPCDP Surveillance and Evaluation team for their hard work crunching, checking, and rechecking the numbers.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns - and share widely!

Have a great weekend,
Sarah

---
Sarah Wylie, MPH
Health Promotion Strategist
Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention Section | Public Health Division | OREGON HEALTH AUTHORITY
p: 971-673-1051
c: 971-200-9887
e: sarah.a.wylie at dhsoha.state.or.us<mailto:sarah.a.wylie at dhsoha.state.or.us>
http://www.oregon.gov/OHA