[HealthyTribes] HPCDP TRIBAL TPEP DIGEST #19 7/1/2021

SOU CHANNBUNMORL CHANNBUNMORL.SOU at dhsoha.state.or.us
Thu Jul 1 15:23:46 PDT 2021

Good afternoon Tribal TPEP,

We hope that everyone was able to stay cool during the heat wave. Below are a list of updates and resources for everyone to check out:

Feedback requested: Smokefree Oregon social media channels and tools. We're looking for feedback on Smokefree Oregon's new Instagram page, and what types of tools you find most helpful for social media generally. Please fill out this brief survey by Friday, July 9th to tell us what you think. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SFOTPEPSURVEY

Smokefree Oregon Menthol Webinar: Recording Available Thanks to everyone who joined our June 30 conversation about the FDA menthol ban with the Center for Black Health and Equity and partners working on Multnomah County's flavor ban proposal. The recording is available on the TPEP Portal. Let your Community Program Liaison know if you have trouble accessing the recording or need your login information. https://smokefreeoregon.com/tpep-resource/smokefree-

The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) recently released a new brief, "Opportunities and Strategies for Tobacco Prevention During the COVID-19 Pandemic," which spotlights new findings on the relationship between tobacco use and COVID-19, opportunities for tobacco prevention during the pandemic, guidance for communicating risk and recommendations for engaging state health officials. https://www.astho.org/ASTHOBriefs/Opportunities-and-Strategies-or-Tobacco-Prevention-During-the-COVID-19-Pandemic/

SelfMade Health Network recently released a new guidance document titled Leveraging Social Media to Maximize Reach: Health Equity Toolkit. https://selfmadehealth.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/SelfMade-Health-Network-Social-Media-Toolkit-Final-Version.pdf

Channbunmorl Sou, MPA
Community Programs Liaison
Oregon Health Authority | Public Health Division
Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention Section
channbunmorl.sou at dhsoha.state.or.us<mailto:channbunmorl.sou at dhsoha.state.or.us>
Cell: (503) 474-7758
Pronouns: He/Him/His