[Heritage] Online Oregon historic sites database adds features
heritage.info at state.or.us
Tue Jan 10 09:54:31 PST 2012
The State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) has released several new
features for the Oregon Historic Sites Database that will aid
agencies, heritage organizations, and anyone interested in learning
about Oregon’s over 56,000 recorded historic places.
“The Oregon Historic Sites Database is a critical tool for managing
information about Oregon’s historic places,” said Roger Roper,
Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer. “These new features will
provide users with greater on-demand access to data collected by the
SHPO over the last 45 years.”
New features available in the Oregon Historic Sites Database include:
- PDFs of nominations for properties listed in the National Register
- PDFs of inventory forms for nearly 30,000 properties surveyed since
the late 1960s.
- Ability to export a site form record to PDF.
- Links from property records to a GIS that graphically displays the
location of the property.
- Ability to view a statewide map that graphically displays properties
in the database and select one or more properties at a time to view
- Within the GIS, ability to measure the distance of a line or
find the latitude and longitude of a point, and select multiple
A link to the Oregon Historic Sites Database is available at
For more information on the Oregon Historic Sites Database contact
Kaser at cara.kaser at state.or.us or (503) 986-0670 or visit
More information about the Heritage