[Heritage] Heritage Conference dates, location announced

INFO Heritage * OPRD Heritage.Info at oregon.gov
Mon Aug 17 14:28:20 PDT 2015

         While Oregon Heritage Conference activities have taken place in conference centers, theaters, churches, museums, cemeteries, retail stores, brewpubs and other locations, the 2016 conference will be in a unique location: the Oregon State Capitol in Salem.

         Mark your calendars now for May 4-6 at the Capitol, with the Oregon Heritage Excellence Awards dinner May 5 at another site in Salem.

         The conference theme will be "16 going on 20, 50 and 100: Reflecting on the Past, Capitolizing on the Present and Building the Future". The theme highlights that this will be the 16th year of an Oregon Heritage Conference, the 20th anniversary of the first meeting of the Oregon Heritage Commission, the 50th anniversary of the Historic Preservation Act and the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service.

         The Oregon Heritage Conference brings together people who love and work with Oregon's heritage. Designed to be interdisciplinary, the conference focuses on all sectors of cultural heritage, such as historic preservation, museums, archives, libraries, historic cemeteries, and local and state government. Further information about the 2016 conference will be available later this year.

         "We want to thank the Oregon State Capitol Foundation and the Capitol History Gateway for their interest and support in hosting the conference with Oregon Heritage," said Kuri Gill, one of the conference organizers. "We want to make it our best conference ever."

Oregon Heritage News is a service of Oregon Heritage, a division of the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. The news editor can be contacted at heritage.info at oregon.gov<mailto:heritage.info at oregon.gov>