[Heritage] Oregon Heritage Digitization Survey
INFO Heritage * OPRD
Heritage.Info at oregon.gov
Fri Feb 16 12:12:53 PST 2018
OREGON HERITAGE DIGITIZATION SURVEY
We're contacting you to ask for information about your organization's digital collections.
Oregon Heritage<http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/hcd/pages/index.aspx> has been working with our partners on collaborative approaches to digitizing collections. With some efforts underway, we are now conducting a survey to capture information from heritage organizations of all sizes. Not digitizing? That's still valuable for us to know!
We would like to hear from organizations that are:
- Small & mid-sized
- Run by volunteers & paid-staff
- Digitizing collections & NOT digitizing collections
We will use the information gathered in this survey to:
- Determine strategies, tools and trainings that will be most helpful to organizations at all stages of the digitization process.
- Help us consider how to get collections from smaller organizations into the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA).
What do we mean by digital collections? These can include cultural heritage materials that have been scanned (like photographs, postcards, court records or letters) or that originate in digital form (like digital photos or oral histories recorded digitally).
To respond to the survey, please go here<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K5FBFRV>. It should take approximately 15 minutes. The survey must be completed by April 30, 2018.
If you have any questions, are having trouble completing the survey or would rather fill out a paper copy of the survey, please contact Beth Dehn at beth.dehn at oregon.gov<mailto:beth.dehn at oregon.gov> or 503-586-0696. All organizations that complete the census and include an email address will receive a copy of the results no later than June 30, 2018.
Thank you for your response. We look forward to understanding and meeting the needs of diverse cultural heritage organizations.
Links to our survey partners:
* Orbis Cascade Alliance<https://www.orbiscascade.org/>
* State Library of Oregon<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/pages/index.aspx>
* Washington State Library's Rural Heritage Program<http://www.washingtonruralheritage.org/>
Share your photos of Oregon's heritage on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #oregonheritage.
Oregon Heritage News is a service of Oregon Heritage, a division of the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. The news editor can be contacted at heritage.info at oregon.gov<mailto:heritage.info at oregon.gov>.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 25580 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Heritage